Preparation, Planning, and Pondering

As the world around us swirls with uncertainty, several things in my home remain steady. Homeschooling has been the anchor of our years.  We plan our activities, trips, meals, and schedules with education in mind.  If you are a homeschooler, you undoubtedly have heard the phrase "homeschool is a lifestyle."  I wholeheartedly agree.  Once we began homeschooling 13 school years ago, schooling infiltrated life and the two became one.

Because we have a move planned for the beginning of the next calendar year, we decided it would be best to begin our next school year early.  The goal is to begin on May 1st.  Before we begin, I have a lot of planning to finish.  I wanted to share my planning process as I go.  Sometimes, it helps to see how other people prepare their school year, and I finally have a system I am enjoying.  I will be posting more about my planning in the next few weeks.

Do you school year-round or following a traditional school-type calendar?

Blessings,
Blu

Comments